The DeSoto Arts Council Art Gallery could not exist without the commitment of our Volunteers! Because of their dedication to make sure that DeSoto Parish remains a viable “center for art,” DAC can offer support for our working artists, provide art classes, produce art shows and welcome visitors to just enjoy the world of creative arts.
The DeSoto Arts Council offers a variety of volunteer opportunities, depending on your interests, skills and availability. Whether you help with publicity, a special event or administration of the Gallery, your contribution will make a difference. Volunteering provides many educational and social opportunities and the best benefit is the opportunity to learn more about art and the artists.
How to Apply
- Act as host during Special Events
- Provide refreshments for Special Events
- Help with Gallery set-up and seasonal decorations
- Work on publicity: distributing flyers, designing posters, etc
- Gallery Administration: Keep the Gallery a minimum of one day a month or more
- Recognition at annual volunteer appreciation event
- Exposure to the inner workings of the DeSoto Arts Council Art Gallery
- Meeting new people
- Opportunity to give back to the community